Tuesday, December 22, 2009

no title [i know you]

no title [i know you]
on my cheeks. words jumbled in my heart, feelings jumbled in my mind. oh, but, i know you. this cold page. those warm hands. but he knows you like no one else does. he loves you. take this strand of my hair, and please, oh please, don't think of me like that. don't compare me like that. open your eyes, don't be hurt, please. hear my tears, feel my quaking heart beat and my shuddering body. we are one and this hurts.

this hurts.
this hurts.
this hurts.

take my tears forever, they've always been for you. wrap me in your clothes, wrap me in your philosophies, wrap me in your curious, gentle ways. give me your playfulness and your charm, and please, while you're at it...take away this pain.

your last gift is my favorite.
but i bet you don't even remember it.

what have i done...
what have i done
what have i done
what have i done?

No comments:

Post a Comment