Monday, August 9, 2010

this week

So I work at this place called CRI and it's very easy work...except that it's also insanely depressing. Basically, what I do is call people and read a survey to them. Most of the time, you're immediately rejected and in worse cases, you get half way through the survey and THEN get hung up on. That's not the depressing part, though. That I can deal with. No, the depressing part is the people that you do happen to complete the surveys with. The zombie-like, no life, miserable people. The 90 year old ladies who do the survey out of pity for the young college student and then half way through it, realize it takes a million years to get through and are too tired to go on. I don't blame them. They're 90 freaking years old. Go take a nap. You've lived your life.

Anyway, Elliot and I both got jobs there and we've been working there for a couple of weeks. It was the only job we could find and that's the only reason we settled for it. And finally, today, we caved from the depression that place brings and called in saying we had mono and would be out for the next week or so. Elliot's last day is this Friday anyway and I'd put my two weeks in last Tuesday. So I'm hoping to get out of this Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday & next Tuesday since those are the days I usually work. I mean...it's mono. We should be good for like a month.

In other news, I'm moving from the apartment building I'm in now to another building in the same complex on Friday. I really want to paint my room since we're allowed to as long as we paint them back when we move out and I'm thinking either a semi-dark green or a semi-dark purple. We'll see. After I eat lunch here in a little bit, Elliot and I are headed out to go pick the color(s). I'll be packing all week so it's going to be hectic. Sheesh. Other than that, my life is pretty boring...hopefully I'll be posting more photos soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

-Chelsey

2 comments:

  1. <3

    I love you, Chelsey. Every time I see a picture or read your writing or see something that reminds me of you I'm a happier person. : ) You're just great and I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love you, too, Lauren!!!!! I can't wait to see you either. I wish you just went to school with me. That would make life super-duper-fantastic. : )

    ReplyDelete